CSPs Can Now Offer a Complete VPC Suite of Services and Expand Core Products
CHICAGO, USA – Aug. 20, 2013 – CohesiveFT today announced a new edition of its award-winning network virtualization product, VNS3, for cloud service providers. Providers looking to expand their core cloud offering can now make enhanced security and network control features available to their end customers with VNS3 Provider Edition.
Leaders in the IaaS cloud market, including Amazon Web Services, recognize the importance of value-added-services built on top of the core cloud stack. In addition to virtual compute, virtual storage, and the underlying network, Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs) are quickly becoming the generic compute environment cloud customers demand. Yet, building out VPC features at the hardware and virtual layers is time consuming, and complicated.
VNS3 Provider Edition Competitive Advantages:
- Cloud service providers immediately compete with Amazon VPC on a feature-by-feature basis
- Offered in the application layer, VNS3 is completely customer controlled and maintained with no deployment work by the provider’s staff
- VNS3 Provider Edition makes it easy for cloud service providers to offer a complete VPC suite of services, increasing the number of potential application topologies customer will move to the cloud and generating new revenue
“Market trends are forcing CSPs to expand into new markets,” Gartner analysts Gregor Petri and Douglas Toombs write. This will prompt “CSPs to look to higher-growth markets such as cloud computing in search of new revenue. We forecast public cloud services to grow at a compound rate of 17.7% through 2016.”
“Offering basic compute, storage, and connections to the underlying network are no longer enough to compete in the cloud market. Cloud customers demand increased control over their networking environment when they move assets or workloads a third party controlled environment like public cloud,” said CohesiveFT Product Marketing Director, Ryan Koop. “VNS3 Provider Edition allows cloud providers to offer a complete VPC suite of services, increasing the number of potential application topologies customer will move to the cloud and generating new revenue.”
With VNS3, Service Providers Can Offer Customers:
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) features as part of the service provider cloud offerings.
- Hybrid cloud extensions between on-premises IT assets to cloud deployments.
- Use of normally unsupported protocols, like UDP multicast.
- Flexible IP addresses that customers can move between virtual infrastructures or clouds.
- SNMP support for popular enterprise monitoring systems.
- NAT capabilities so customers can use the VNS3 Manager to initiate outbound traffic to the Internet while guarding inbound traffic from external parties.
- End-to-end encryption of data-in-motion in the cloud.
- Complete networking solutions, including cloud-based WANs to integrate corporate sites, cloud infrastructures, and partner sites.
By: Margaret Valtierra