Cohesive Networks, a cloud-native security and networking company, today announced the availability of VNS3 through its certification under the CenturyLink Cloud Marketplace Provider Program. This integration allows customers of the CenturyLink Cloud platform to deploy Cohesive Networks’ VNS3 virtual appliance in the CenturyLink Cloud environment to easily scale and manage virtual networks.
VNS3 virtualizes seven network functions: router, switch, firewall, VPN concentrator, protocol redistributor, scriptable API, and extensible NFV container. The VNS3 virtual networking appliance from Cohesive Networks allows CenturyLink Cloud customers to:
- Connect existing IT deployments to the CenturyLink Cloud environment using secure Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) tunneling protocols.
- Encrypt all traffic using unique cryptographic keys controlled by CenturyLink Cloud users.
- Design scalable, high availability architectures to run across CenturyLink Cloud locations.
- Build specific layer 4-7 network functions, including load balancing, proxy, reverse proxy, content caching, intrusion detection system (IDS), etc. inside the VNS3 appliance.
- Secure defense-in-depth strategies by building on CenturyLink Cloud’s world-class data centers and security controls with additional VNS3 layers of security to meet internal requirements, external regulations, and compliance standards.
The CenturyLink Cloud Marketplace Provider Program allows participating technology companies, like Cohesive Networks, to integrate with the CenturyLink Cloud platform. These additional business-ready solutions are available to CenturyLink’s cloud, hosting and network customers.
“This technology certification is a great first step to demonstrate the value Cohesive Networks can deliver for customers of the CenturyLink Cloud platform,” said Dwight Koop, chief operating officer, Cohesive Networks. “VNS3 being deployed on CenturyLink Cloud means our shared customers can now be certain that they have the access and control needed to make their cloud resources compliant and secure.”
“Network virtualization is becoming one of the key elements of any modern cloud deployment. Cohesive’s VNS3 technology is ideally suited to many cloud network designs and provides fast access to further enhance network technologies. With added security and connectivity from VNS3, our CenturyLink Cloud customers can easily connect flexible, secure networks to customers and partners around the globe,” said David Shacochis, vice president of Cloud Platform at CenturyLink. “We’re excited about the value Cohesive Networks can bring to the CenturyLink Cloud Marketplace Provider Program, which makes it easy for our customers to try new technologies in the network virtualization space.”
By: Margaret Valtierra