VNS3 is Your CenturyLink Cloud Network and Security Solution
VNS3 is a security and connectivity appliance with optional L4-L7 network function plug-ins built for the CenturyLink Cloud environment. VNS3 virtualizes 7 network functions: router, switch, firewall, SSL/VPN concentrator, protocol redistributor, scriptable API, and extensible NFV container. As an instance-based solution you launch and manage, VNS3 provides your CenturyLink Cloud deployment with the following:
- IPsec Tunneling – Securely connect your existing IT deployments (physical on-premises, virtual, or other cloud environment) to your CenturyLink Cloud deployment using standard IPsec secure tunneling protocols.
- Data Security Compliance – all traffic is encrypted inside the cloud using the VNS3 Overlay Network using cryptographic keys that are unique to each VNS3 deployment and controlled by you.
- Scalable, High Availability, Hybrid-Cloud, Multi-Cloud, Multi-Geo – The VNS3 Overlay Network is created by deploying VNS3 Controller server instances that are configurable in a mesh to run as a cluster in and across cloud regions and providers.
- Layer 4-7 Network Service Functions – Add specific services to the VNS3 Controller devices via the Docker libcontainer integration. Run load balancing, proxy, reverse proxy, content caching, IDS, etc. right on the transport device.
- Cloud Defense in Depth – CenturyLink Cloud runs world class data centers and has tremendous security controls in place. Use VNS3 to add in the necessary independent layers of security to meet your internal requirements, external regulations, or personal goals.
With VNS3 you can build your own secure and controlled custom network on top of CenturyLink Cloud’s underlying cloud network. VNS3 connects you to, integrates with, and secures CenturyLink Cloud’s storage, compute, and data insight tools.
Get started in CenturyLink Cloud - launch and configure today!
CenturyLink and Cohesive Networks are working together to build out a public image marketplace for the CenturyLink IaaS cloud. While this process is underway, follow the steps in the CenturyLink Cloud Knowledge Base to request VNS3 in your CLC account.