Get started in Google Compute Engine
Launch and Configuration Instructions – get your GCE deployment(s) secure and under control in less than 1 hour with VNS3. Because GCE does not have a public catalog, Cohesive Networks will share VNS3 images directly to your customer account. Share API access with Cohesive Networks to connect your existing GCE projects.
- In the GCE Developer’s Console, select your project
- From the left-side APIs & auth menu, select credentials
- Under the OAuth heading, click Create new client id, and select Service account.
- Your public/private key should download automatically, and GCE will generate a new Service Account
- Send your new key and a copy of the new Service Account information to Cohesive Networks
- Double check that three Google APIs are enabled for your account – Google Cloud Storage API, Google Cloud Storage JSON API, Google Compute Engine API listed on APIs & auth menu > APIs.
- Cohesive Networks will deliver the VNS3 image to your account
- Use the VNS3 GCE Launch and Configuration Instructions to configure the Manager and setup an IPsec tunnel to your cloud deployment.
- Remove your service account after you’ve received VNS3
VNS3 is a hybrid overlay networking appliance built for GCE integrated cloud deployments
The VNS3 product family is a suite of security and network routing solutions that let enterprises extend virtual networks into public, private and hybrid clouds. It’s different from other network function virtualization (NFV) solutions because of the customer-controlled overlay network built on top of the underlying cloud network.